Welcome to our blog about the Transition Year in St Wolstans Community School, Celbridge, Co Kildare. Here you will read all about what happens in Transition Year. You will get a good idea of how busy our year is!
Follow individual student blogs as well and see how they are getting on.

All contributions come from the students themselves and the TY Coordinator.
Enjoy






Friday, March 25, 2011

Rachels cooking!

Rachel was working with Clodagh Mc Kenna for work experience.....

"For our second work experience, 7th-11th of March. I went to Lyons Cookery School. I loved it, it was exactly what I was looking for and so much more. I was not only helping in the cookery school but also in the cafes kitchen, where I learned so much about cooking and running a kitchen.
I definitely want to go into cookery after the Leaving Cert, and I think I even know what courses I want to do now as well. I would definitely recommend Lyons Estate to anyone looking for work experince, the people there are so nice and they make sure your busy and involved the whole time."

This was a successful work experience then Rachel. Isn't it great to know what you want to do after school?
Well done.

Read Rachels blog here.

Visit The Village at Lyons website for more information.
Mrs L :)

4 comments:

  1. Hi, My name is eimear and i am a 3rd year student in your school. I am organising work experience at the moment and i am very interested in cookery. Your work experience in lyons cookery school sounds very interesting. I was wondering do you contact them by email or personally. thanks a mill, eimear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eimear, come find me in Room 23 and I'll sort out a contact number for you.

    Well done on being so organised.

    Mrs L :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you please let me know how to get in contact with them? i would be very greatful =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aisling, see if the info is here

    https://spreadsheets.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At7YsaB6K5wBdHBxNFZNU083M3N1Zmdmc3laOGdkVGc&authkey=CNWhia0C&hl=en_US#gid=0

    Mrs L :)

    ReplyDelete