Welcome to our blog about the Transition Year in St Wolstans Community School, Celbridge, Co Kildare. Here you will read all about what happens in Transition Year. You will get a good idea of how busy our year is!
Follow individual student blogs as well and see how they are getting on.

All contributions come from the students themselves and the TY Coordinator.
Enjoy






Thursday, March 24, 2011

Patricia and Marilyn

Patricia is doing her History project..


I have decided to do my history end of year project on Marilyn Monroe. She is a very interesting character in movie history here is some information I have gathered about her :

* She was born on the 1st of June 1926 to Nee Morrinson in LA County Hospital.
* Her real name was Norma Jeane Baker.
* Her father was mentally ill so she was sent to a foster home and later was sent to many relatives.
* Her mother supposedly attempted to kidnap her from her foster home in a hand bag.
* She had a very strong acting career and is remembered today worldwide.
* She was introduced to drugs at a very young age and this eventually was the cause of her death : Due to this fact I named the title of my project ; 36 years of Drugs. A life taken ?
* On August 5th 1962 she died of an overdose of sleeping pills, possibly a suicide at the young age of 36.


Read more of Patricia's blog here.

Well done Patricia, it sounds a very interesting project.
Mrs L :)

1 comment:

  1. This is my kind of project!!! I did one on MM too when I was in TY!

    ReplyDelete