Welcome to our blog about the Transition Year in St Wolstans Community School, Celbridge, Co Kildare. Here you will read all about what happens in Transition Year. You will get a good idea of how busy our year is!
Follow individual student blogs as well and see how they are getting on.

All contributions come from the students themselves and the TY Coordinator.
Enjoy






Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hayley is on yard duty!

.
Hayley is enjoying her work experience by the sounds of it!

Read what she has to say.....

"Dia Dhuit!!! I am working in Gael Scoil Uí Fhiaich in Maynooth and I am loving it! Yesterday morning I went to my supervisor who gave me a time table of the class I would be in for the week. Firstly I was in senior infants helping kids with their words and their writing. I then took down posters around a class room and put up new ones. I also helped calculate marks for tests. I also had to help with Irish dancing which was awkward because I have no idea about any of the dances. I was really nervous to begin with because it was an all Irish school but the teachers are lovely and friendly.
Today I started off in the same classes I was in yesterday stapeling and helping kids with their work. I then spent my time sorting out library books. I had to stick labels on each of them and then put the school stamp on it! I was also in a third class helping them with their work. I spend lunch times on yard duty everyday.
It was a great day and I am looking forward to tomorrow!"


Read more of Hayleys blog here.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment