Welcome to our blog about the Transition Year in St Wolstans Community School, Celbridge, Co Kildare. Here you will read all about what happens in Transition Year. You will get a good idea of how busy our year is!
Follow individual student blogs as well and see how they are getting on.

All contributions come from the students themselves and the TY Coordinator.
Enjoy






Saturday, December 5, 2009

W-Factor


The W-Factor Finals were held this week.

The Tickets were €12 because there was tiered seating and the stage was a lot bigger. There were also two ‘W’ neon signs set up, they made it look really good and professional!

My act was called Wardrobe Malfunction, we were up 7th, before we went on stage I was very nervous, but as soon as I got on stage I was fine, my nerves just disappeared!

I never thought I would be able to stand up on stage in front of a couple of hundred people and sing as I wouldn’t even sing for my relatives before this. The spotlight was really bright and blinding so I couldn’t see everyone at times!!

My group was made up of 5 students, four TY’s and a 5th year. Myself, Louise Bailey Smith, and Nicolle Mc Donnagh were singing, Eimear Mc McCarthy was playing guitar and Michelle Sweeney played piano and sang!

The harmonies worked very well. We sang ‘I’m yours' by Jason Miraz and half way through the song we sang ‘The Show' by Lenka. I was so relieved when it was over.

It was really fun backstage to see all the acts rehearsing before they went on stage and there was a TV set up so we could watch the acts while they preformed! Everyone had a good attitude and were all genuinely supportive for everyone even though it was a competition!

I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was a great experience!

Caroline O C

No comments:

Post a Comment