Welcome to our blog about the Transition Year in St Wolstans Community School, Celbridge, Co Kildare. Here you will read all about what happens in Transition Year. You will get a good idea of how busy our year is!
Follow individual student blogs as well and see how they are getting on.

All contributions come from the students themselves and the TY Coordinator.
Enjoy






Thursday, March 11, 2010

Hannah's work experience

For my work experience I went to Walsh's Pharmacy in Celbridge. My initial expectations of the week weren't very high as it is your typical chemist, but after five days of working there I take it all back. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

I learned about medicine, medical schemes, what tablets do what and how to give prescriptions. I was completely thrown into the full swing of the business. Distributing prescriptions, taking stock, invoices and organising window displays. What made it even better was that the staff I worked with were extremely welcoming and hospitable to my presence, which is always a huge benefit when you're new to a work place. They were a tightly knit team and the business runs very well, I was very privileged to be part of this team.

As always work experience is a great opportunity to come out of your comfort zone and expand your horizons!

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment