This year's Blog Action Day 2011 coincides with World Food Day, so BAD's topic this year will be FOOD.
Food is something that we all share in common, but is distinct to each of our cultures. The way we produce, distribute and consume food is crucial to our shared future, and the unhealthy imbalance of food scarcity in developing world and food over-abundance in the developed world is unsustainable for us all.
Blog Action Day 2011 will be an opportunity to open the conversation about how food impacts all of us – individually and globally.
The big event is only a few days away. I am hoping that TY will take part again.
To kick things off register for Blog Action Day 2011 by clicking the link below:
Mrs L :)
Suggested Topics for Blog Action Day
- My favorite food
- The famine in East African
- To be organic or not to be:
- Best and worst food memory
- Slow Food, Fast Food: What does it actually mean
- Conflict over Food:
- Is your hamburger hurting the enviroment?
It takes 24 liters of water to produce one hamburger. That means it would take over 19.9 billion liters of water to make just one hamburger for every person in Europe.
- Vegan, Vegetarian, Meat eater – Which one are you?
- Will we be able to feed 9 billion people in 2050?
- The scandal of Food Waste.
- What is the best way to farm food.
- Growing your own – the joys and heartache of growing what you eat.
- Too much or too little taking food to extremes
- Strangest thing you have ever eaten.
- What food means to your culture.